- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
11 Deliciously Sweet Fast-Food Chain Holiday Drinks
Recipe of the day
- Federal Trade Commission Shuts Down Energy Drink Company Vemma for Alleged Pyramid Scheme
- Drink More Water to Lose Weight, Study Says
- Russell Wilson Swears By Recovery Water to Help Him Get Over an Injury
- Anheuser-Busch Shipped 50,000 Cans of Water to Firefighters Battling Fires in Western United States
- Shaq and Mike Miller Are Launching an Energy Drink in Hong Kong
Nothing is better than starting an autumn day with a nice Pumpkin Spiced Latte from Starbucks — it’s one of our favorite ways to enjoy the beautifully crisp fall season. And chains all over America seem to be catching onto the trend by creating their own holiday and seasonal favorites. This time of year we are blown away by some of the innovative concoctions fast-food restaurants come up with. Depending on whether you’re an avid pumpkin spice syrup lover or if you like to keep it natural with an authentic caramel apple, these drinks may inspire you or totally gross you out.
We definitely think some drinks are winners — how else can you get a hot mulled apple cider without heading to the local apple orchard? Dunkin' Donuts has pulled it off with style. Not to mention the idea of a red apple sangria from Applebee’s, a drink we recently created in our own test kitchen not so long ago. But we just can’t seem to get on board with Red Robin's idea of a beer-flavored milkshake with caramel drizzle. Or the creation of an Italian ice that is flavored like pumpkin cheesecake — we’re scared to ask how that one is even made.
There’s no stopping these chains from expanding on their holiday drink recipe repertoire. We think they may need to put the brakes on when we’re starting to get wind of items like pumpkin white chocolate mochas — but then again, you never know what might put you in the holiday spirit!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts