- St. Martha: Patron of Dieticians
100 Percent Ground Bacon Burger Fittingly Called 'The 'Merica'
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- A New York City Restaurant Was Allegedly Fined for Specifically Hiring an Indian Server
- Chick-Fil-A ‘Pay It Forward’ Produces Heartwarming Results
- B&H Dairy Launches Crowdfunding Campaign to Reopen After East Village Explosion
- Andaz Maui’s Ka’ana Kitchen Offers a Bevy of Morning Options
- The 35 Best Sandwich Shops in America
Southern California burger chain Slater's 50/50 made its name by offering a 50/50 ground beef/bacon burger patty at all times, but just for July, they're giving customers an 100 percent bacon burger.
In the patriotic spirit of July, the chain is offering "the 'Merica," a burger with an 100 percent ground bacon patty, plus thick-cut bacon, a sunny side up egg, a "bacon island" dressing, and bacon Cheddar cheese. If that's not a heart attack waiting to happen, we dont' know what is.
And of course, a bacon burger wouldn't be complete without bacon-y drinks, so there's also the bacon bloody mary to make it even better. Natch, Slaters is also on Discovery Channel's United States of Bacon this upcoming Sunday, so better just make it a bacon fest and go all out. (Perhaps a bacon eating competition is in order?)
Jessica Chou is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @jesschou.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts