100 Percent Ground Bacon Burger Fittingly Called 'The 'Merica'
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- KFC Has Really Outdone Itself with the DoubleDown Dog
- Woman Gets Bag of Cash from Burger King Drive-Thru
- Reports About New Restaurant By 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' Chef and Restaurateur Alessandro Borgognone May Be Inaccurate
- The Most Iconic Dishes of ‘Molecular Gastronomy’
- Why You Shouldn't Go to a Restaurant on Valentine's Day
Southern California burger chain Slater's 50/50 made its name by offering a 50/50 ground beef/bacon burger patty at all times, but just for July, they're giving customers an 100 percent bacon burger.
In the patriotic spirit of July, the chain is offering "the 'Merica," a burger with an 100 percent ground bacon patty, plus thick-cut bacon, a sunny side up egg, a "bacon island" dressing, and bacon Cheddar cheese. If that's not a heart attack waiting to happen, we dont' know what is.
And of course, a bacon burger wouldn't be complete without bacon-y drinks, so there's also the bacon bloody mary to make it even better. Natch, Slaters is also on Discovery Channel's United States of Bacon this upcoming Sunday, so better just make it a bacon fest and go all out. (Perhaps a bacon eating competition is in order?)
Jessica Chou is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @jesschou.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts