The 10 Worst First Date Foods
Recipe of the day
- 6 Things You Didn’t Know About Wawa
- Mind Over Meal: Are Comfort Foods Really Comforting?
- Study Says 61 Percent of Our Grocery Purchases Are Highly Processed Foods
- Former Cook Will Serve 4 Years in Jail for Spitting in Customer’s Food and Eluding Police
- Walmart Updates Animal Welfare Standards After Pork Distributor Accused of Animal Abuse
You've heard this before: Don't eat garlic on a first date. Don't eat spaghetti on a first date. Don't eat garlic and oil spaghetti on a first date. Blah, blah, blah.
But why are those foods getting all the attention? A little garlic isn't going to kill anyone — some people might even like kissing someone with garlic breath. And eating spaghetti like a lady, it can be done. In fact, here are 10 foods that are way worse. So go ahead, everyone! Spin that spaghetti on your fork like there is no tomorrow and feast like it's the last meal you'll ever have. But do it carefully. And make sure it's not served in an all-you-can-eat buffet. Or in a frozen dinner.
Generally speaking, the best way to ensure the best possible date experience is to be yourself. This concept applies particularly well when it comes to dining dates. With the exception of especially messy foods, like BBQ ribs and Sloppy Joes, order the dish that sounds most appealing and is most comfortable to eat.
That being said, there are certainly a handful of messy, greasy, and slurp-worthy foods that should be avoided during dates. Consider this collection as the ultimate tip sheet for first date meal ordering.
— Lauren Passell, HowAboutWe...
More From HowAboutWe:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts