- Peach Month begins
- Sandwich Month begins
The 10 Worst First Date Foods
Recipe of the day
- Is This the Craziest Thing Someone Has Done for Free Food?
- This Drunk Guy Accidentally Bought More Than $500 Worth of Pizza for Strangers
- What’s It Like to Fly on Qatar Airways Business Class? Hint: It’s the Lap of Luxury
- Costco Will Cut Back on Chilean Salmon, Source Most From Norway
- Whole Foods Market’s Stock Drops, Does Not Meet Third-Quarter Earning Expectations
You've heard this before: Don't eat garlic on a first date. Don't eat spaghetti on a first date. Don't eat garlic and oil spaghetti on a first date. Blah, blah, blah.
But why are those foods getting all the attention? A little garlic isn't going to kill anyone — some people might even like kissing someone with garlic breath. And eating spaghetti like a lady, it can be done. In fact, here are 10 foods that are way worse. So go ahead, everyone! Spin that spaghetti on your fork like there is no tomorrow and feast like it's the last meal you'll ever have. But do it carefully. And make sure it's not served in an all-you-can-eat buffet. Or in a frozen dinner.
Generally speaking, the best way to ensure the best possible date experience is to be yourself. This concept applies particularly well when it comes to dining dates. With the exception of especially messy foods, like BBQ ribs and Sloppy Joes, order the dish that sounds most appealing and is most comfortable to eat.
That being said, there are certainly a handful of messy, greasy, and slurp-worthy foods that should be avoided during dates. Consider this collection as the ultimate tip sheet for first date meal ordering.
— Lauren Passell, HowAboutWe...
More From HowAboutWe:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts