- First Thanksgiving Day Decreed (1789)
10 Unique McDonald’s Meals From Around the World
Recipe of the day
- A Michelin-Star Chef Is Making a Burger at a Shake Shack in London for 1 Day Only
- 10 Unique KFC Meals from Around the World
- Rooms with a Story: A Grand Swiss Hotel Brings History to Life
- This Restaurant Made a Trump Burger to Celebrate the UK’s National Burger Day
- Which Mayonnaise-Heavy Condiment is Called ‘American Sauce’ in Germany?
Entire books have been written on the global phenomenon that is McDonald’s. One of best-known chains around the world, McDonald’s is a global force in the fast-food industry and consistently shows no signs of slowing down. Its popularity has remained unaffected by lawsuits and exposés, a testament to the questionable, albeit valid magnetism of its brand.
Even though we might not want to admit it, many of us get a small feeling of comfort when we see a McDonald’s while traveling in a foreign country. The notion that even thousands of miles away from home, a double quarter pounder with cheese is not that far can be reassuring.
To be expected, though, McDonald's abroad have menus that are tailored to their home country. These foreign McDonald's menus include combos that might seem surprising to us, but make perfect sense to the demographic in a given location.
But classic McDonald's lovers needn't worry: No matter where you go, any given McDonald’s combo can be ordered with the option of french fries and a Coca-Cola. The differences around the world did surprise us, though, so check out our slideshow to see how the menus change in different countries!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts