- Peach Month begins
- Sandwich Month begins
10 Top U.S. Juice Bars
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- The Viral Infographic Showing What a Can of Coca-Cola Does to Your Body Was Inaccurate
- Another Almond Milk Brand Is Facing a Lawsuit for Not Using Enough Almonds
- Tired of Fruitless Searching? Now You Can Order a Personalized ‘Share a Coke With…’ Bottle
- 10 Fruits to Add to Your Water That Will Totally Benefit Your Body
- This Miracle Drink Could Ensure That You Never Get a Hangover Again
If you're tapped into the fad diet zeitgeist, chances are you're already well familiar with the increasingly popular juice cleanse category. Beloved by many in the rockin'-bod Hollywood set (Beyoncé, Gwenyth, Salma) this is one celebrity diet craze that actually has legs to stand on.
What makes the short-term cleanse so appealing? In a word: efficiency. Just consider how much faster and easier it is to get your daily dose of fruits and vegetables by simply drinking a couple juices throughout the day. Of course, for the do-it-yourself type, there's always the option of making your own health-promoting blend at home. But for those of us who don’t have a juicer or would rather pick one up on the way to work or during a lunch break, there are some great specialty juice bars to choose from.
Sidewalk Juice in San Francisco, for example, offers juicers the option of adding kombucha, a Japanese seaweed tea, to their order to help bump up the nutritional value. And at celeb-favorite Liquiteria in New York City, juices are extracted using the Norwalk method, a technique which claims to get 3-5 times more vitamins, minerals, and enzymes than other juicing methods.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts