- First espresso machine patented (1938)
10 Top U.S. Juice Bars
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Goat Milk Entrepreneur Invents Drive-By Milking Van
- 10 Smoothie Recipes So Easy (and Good!) That You'll Never Skip Breakfast Again
- 10 Smoothies So Easy Even Kids Can Make Them
- Federal Trade Commission Shuts Down Energy Drink Company Vemma for Alleged Pyramid Scheme
- Drink More Water to Lose Weight, Study Says
If you're tapped into the fad diet zeitgeist, chances are you're already well familiar with the increasingly popular juice cleanse category. Beloved by many in the rockin'-bod Hollywood set (Beyoncé, Gwenyth, Salma) this is one celebrity diet craze that actually has legs to stand on.
What makes the short-term cleanse so appealing? In a word: efficiency. Just consider how much faster and easier it is to get your daily dose of fruits and vegetables by simply drinking a couple juices throughout the day. Of course, for the do-it-yourself type, there's always the option of making your own health-promoting blend at home. But for those of us who don’t have a juicer or would rather pick one up on the way to work or during a lunch break, there are some great specialty juice bars to choose from.
Sidewalk Juice in San Francisco, for example, offers juicers the option of adding kombucha, a Japanese seaweed tea, to their order to help bump up the nutritional value. And at celeb-favorite Liquiteria in New York City, juices are extracted using the Norwalk method, a technique which claims to get 3-5 times more vitamins, minerals, and enzymes than other juicing methods.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts