10 Things You Didn’t Know About Fair Trade Coffee
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Ordering a coffee shouldn’t elicit a sense of panic surrounding whether or not your favorite coffee shop practices fair trade. We aren’t suggesting you drop everything and double-check to make sure that the coffee served has been farmed fairly, but we are proposing you gain a little more knowledge about fair trade practices and how they affect one of America’s favorite drinks.
Coffee is something most Americans start their day with and oftentimes finish a meal with. We rarely think about where the coffee in our cups started its journey to get to us — but we should start thinking about the interesting aspects of fair trade that are applicable to Americans.
Don’t throw away all the coffee in your cupboard just because it isn’t marked fair trade, but perhaps arm yourself with some facts so that you can be a little more knowledgeable the next time you’re cruising down the coffee aisle. These 10 facts are things that you might not have been aware of but they might change your mind about certain coffee choices in the future and show just how easy it is to buy fair trade coffee.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts