10 Things to Make with Bacon
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Bacon ice cream, bacon-infused vodka, chocolate dipped bacon, and just about any food wrapped in bacon have been a part of “bacon mania” in recent years. The world is obsessed with bacon — and for good reason. Each slice delivers a high flavor profile of juicy, fatty, pork taste and although many try, no other food can be substituted.
With so many delicious things to make with bacon, we decided it would be the ideal theme for this week’s SWAT (Sharing With A Theme). We put the Culinary Content Network and our staff to the test to come up with bacon recipes and here are some of the highlights:
- Rebecca Winkler of A Calculated Whisk shared with us her recipe for bacon wrapped shrimp over mashed rutabaga.[slideshow:
- Marye Audet of Restless Chipotle kicked her dessert up a notch by incorporating bacon into her banana bundt cake complete with bacon grease icing.
- The winner this week is Elizabeth Brunetti The Bare Midriff who transformed bacon and herbes de Provence into an “herbs de pigvence” egg sandwich.
All of the recipes featured can be made at home for about $20 or less, excluding the cost of small amounts of basic ingredients such as butter, oil, flour, sugar, salt, pepper, and other dried herbs and spices.
Bacon Cheddar Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
These quick and easy spicy appetizers are filled with bacon and cheddar.
Barbecue Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots Recipe
Simply wrap frozen tater tots in barbecue smothered bacon for an easy party favorite.
Emily Jacobs is the Recipe editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @EmilyRecipes.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts