- Juan Mari Arzak born (1942)
10 Sun-Kissed Citrus Beers
Recipe of the day
- Truck Carrying 90,000 Beer Bottles Crashes Near Highway 101
- 5 Things That Happen When You Go Out Drinking with Your Best Friend
- The 10 Best IPAs From the 10 Best Craft Breweries in America
- You Can Stop Freaking Out: A Worldwide Beer Crisis Is Not Imminent, Say Hops Farmers
- A 140-Year-Old Bottle of Beer Found in a Garage Sold at Auction for $935
1. Hangar 24 Orange Wheat
The brewery purees locally grown oranges and adds them to the tanks to give its wheat beer a juicy kick.
2. Brasserie de Silly Pink Killer
Brewed with grapefruit, coriander and orange peel, this pink-hued specialty beer is equal parts sweet and bitter — a perfect replacement for your morning juice.
3. Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy
This grown-up lemonade combines the sweet ’n’ sour flavors of the classic summer drink with the soft malts and crisp finish of a wheat beer.
4. Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat
Tangerine scents burst from the glass, while the fruit adds citrus sweetness that smoothes out the biting wheat base.
5. Shiner Ruby Redbird
A blend of Texas ruby red grapefruit juice and ginger gives Shiner’s new summer seasonal invigorating tartness.
6. Piccolo Birrificio Seson
The brewery injects a dose of Chinotto peel, a bitter fruit found in Tuscany, into its saison for a bright citrus sting and swell of bitter and tart flavors in the finish.
7. Short’s Anniversary Ale
Blood orange elevates this wheat wine with deep citrus sweetness while spicy green peppercorns and orange zest add bite.
8. Birrificio Barley BB10
This complex beer mixes boiled red wine grapes and orange zest with a complex malt bill for a rich, dark-fruit-flavored beer with citrus hints woven throughout.
9. Buckbean Original Orange Blossom
Packed with delicate orange tree flowers, this refresher runs over the tongue with soft orange flavors and just enough bitterness to match.
10. Coronado Orange Avenue Wit
Forget an orange slice on the glass: This brew’s orange zest and orange blossom honey flavorfully accent a spicy witbier base.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts