10 Summer Super Foods
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Just as you change your wardrobe for summer, your diet should get a bit of a makeover as well. As the dog days of summer are upon us, you need to fuel your body with foods that help maintain energy levels despite the hot temperatures.
The summer heat affects your body in numerous ways, from sunburns to swelling to heat exhaustion — the summer can mentally and physically drain you. To attempt to fight the heat you can consume foods that keep you cool and are packed full of nutrition. These foods have a range of benefits, from helping your skin repair to detoxing your system.
The best choices for summer are prescribed all year long — eat plenty of fruit, never skip vegetables, and eat lean protein, but TDM has narrowed down these suggestions to the foods that are most beneficial to help you compete with the blazing summer sun.
Ellandrea Mckissack is a Junior Writer at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @EllandreaM
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts