- Wolfgang Puck born (1949)
10 Stages of a Food Coma
iStock/ThinkstockBut I'm so sleeeeeeepy!
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- 9 Things You Need to Know about Kombucha, Kimchi, and Other Probiotic Foods
- Everything You’re Doing to Ruin Your Metabolism, and What You Should Be Doing Instead
- Graphic Footage of Inhumane Slaughter Practices at Foster Farms Leads to Suspension of 5 Employees
- United States to Begin Importing Eggs From the Netherlands to Deal with Bird Flu-Related Shortage
- Chimpanzees Possess the Ability to Cook, and Can Appreciate a Good Sweet Potato
We’ve all been there. You’re sitting in class when your stomach starts to growl uncontrollably in the middle of a quiet lecture. Embarrassed, you wrap your arms across your tummy to suppress the noise. But it’s too late. All of your classmates have heard your grumbles and there’s no recovering from there.
You proceed to count down the minutes until it’s time to ditch the books and grab some grub at the nearest dining hall. Here’s where the ten stages of the food coma become real.
1. You enter the doors of the dining hall like:
2. You check out the various offerings, making notes of which stops to hit up.
3. Plates on plates on plates in hand, you find a seat and take your first bite. Nothing’s stopping you from enjoying your meal.
4. After sampling a few items, you and your friends discuss which foods are worth going back for. (All of them?)
5. Must. Keep. Eating. Isn’t that the point of a buffet?
6. You start to feel your pants/shorts/skirt getting tighter.
7. But wait! No meal is complete without dessert.
8. You start having second thoughts about ever stepping foot in this trap they call a dining hall.
9. The fullness is actually painful and you find yourself wondering: did I just become a beached whale?
10. You vow to never come back…until tomorrow.
Have you experienced the top 10 stages of a food coma? Don’t worry, we’ve all been there. Some of us more than once.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts