10 Restaurants That Serve Only 1 Thing
Recipe of the day
- McDonald’s Is Actually Closing 700 Locations This Year
- A Male Version of Hooters Is Opening in Dallas, Texas
- In This Twisted World, Taco Bell Stock Is Up and Chipotle Stock Is Down
- Chipotle Rolls Out Delivery Across 67 Cities Including New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago
- Smooth Jazz and Fine Dining at Spaghettini in Beverly Hills: The Perfect Pairing
In the past couple of years, restaurants have popped up all over the country that do one thing, and do it very, very well. In many cases, these are small eateries, serving well-executed versions of classic comfort fare to a cultishly devoted crowd. We’ve rounded up 10 of these cutting-edge restaurants that are worth seeking out.
When you think about it, restaurants that serve just one dish are nothing new. Look at pizzerias, for example, or Asian dumpling shops. Or ice cream parlors, for that matter.What is new, however, is a crop of chefs, who usually have professional training and fine-dining backgrounds, setting out to create the perfect version of a popular food, then unleashing it upon the masses. From meatballs to biscuits, no dish is safe.
So why are we so attracted to these single-minded restaurants? For one, we know what we’ll be getting, and we know that it’ll most likely be good. Second, they’re still a bit of a novelty, so by nature we’re inclined to check them out. Third, it’s usually a lot of fun to visit these places and see what all the fuss is about!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts