- Labor Day
10 Regional Burger Chains That We Wish Were National
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- This Restaurant Made a Trump Burger to Celebrate the UK’s National Burger Day
- Which Mayonnaise-Heavy Condiment is Called ‘American Sauce’ in Germany?
- This Pastrami Ice Cream Sandwich Turns the New York Deli Staple on Its Head
- 101 Best Food Trucks in America 2015
- Four & Twenty Blackbirds: Why Brooklyn is Their Home
It’s the place your friends have been telling you that you have to try when you visit them in their hometown. They think you're crazy for never having tasted it. We're talking about the burger from the fast-food chain in your state, and you’re as loyal to it as you are to your favorite football team.
Regional burger chains have cult followings that have escalated into near religious dogma, and for good reason. From secret menus to special sauce, these joints have found a way to stand apart from other fast-food chains, and have gained enormous (if only specific in a certain area) popularity in the process.
Some of these regional spots, like Milo’s Hamburgers and Dick’s Drive-In exist in just one state, while others are in five to 10. Some even take their regionality to the next level: chains like Burgerville are not only regional, but are also dedicated to their state through their use of local ingredients and farmers.
Curious to see if your favorite local spot made the cut? Check out our slideshow to read more.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts