- Nathan Myhrvold born (1959)
10 Metabolism Boosting Superfoods
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- We Now Know Why Paul Rudd Works at Baskin-Robbins in ‘Ant-Man’
- This Movie Rental Place/Pizza Store Hybrid Is Giving Us ‘90s Flashbacks
- Illinois Couple Named ‘Burger’ and ‘King’ Get Hitched at Burger King
- Watch: Anthony Bourdain Makes a Cartoon Cameo on ‘Sanjay and Craig’
- PetSmart Is Offering Free Pet-Friendly Ice Cream on Sunday, July 19
Trying to jump start and maintain a new diet is never easy. Too often we hit the ground running with a new diet and then BAM! We get sucked back into our errant ways due to lax planning and temptation. But sometimes all you need is a little push and a hard plan to help you stay on track. That is where Haylie Pomroy, a celebrity–nutritionist to stars like J.Lo, Reese Witherspoon, LL Cool J, and many others, comes in. She recently developed a new diet known as the Fast Metabolism Diet and an app that helps dieters meet their goals.
Click here for the 10 Metabolism Boosting Superfoods (Slideshow)
“Foods are the only thing that can actually evoke a clinical change,” says Pomroy. “The Fast Metabolism Diet works to reset the metabolism. On the diet, you rotate what you’re eating in three phases throughout each week according to a simple and proven plan designed to induce precise physiological changes that will set your metabolism on fire. Each phase focuses on different whole, healthy foods to calm your adrenal glands, reduce stress on your liver, and feed your thyroid so it can produce the hormones T3 and T4; the superstars of a fast metabolism. You’ll reduce stress, too — and as a result, put the damper on the belly-fat hormone, cortisol. By keeping your metabolism guessing, you’ll get it working faster.”
The app allows user to map their meals and snacks, easily build grocery lists, and track water consumption and exercise. Users can also choose recipes from the cookbook and automatically loads ingredients to the grocery list for easy meal planning. The diet last for four weeks, and each week has three phases:
- Phase One (Monday-Tuesday): Lots of carbs and fruits, to help unwind stress.
- Phase Two (Wednesday-Thursday): Lots of proteins and veggies, to unlock fat.
- Phase Three (Friday-Saturday-Sunday): All of the above, plus healthy fats and oils, to unleash the metabolism.
Of course, when it comes to fashioning a diet, the basis for success lies in your basic ingredients. You have to not only plan the meals well, you have to eat the right foods.
“When I’m heading out for a crazy day, I head out in the morning with a shake, I love fruit and veggie smoothies and raw almonds so I am never stuck without my "crash stash" snacks.” says Pomroy. “They are critical in keeping my metabolism on fire.”
To help you stay on track, Pomroy shared 10 foods encouraged on the Fast Metabolism Diet to get your metabolism kicking into high gear. Click through our slideshow an amp up your diet today!
Post was originally published on February 25, 2014.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts