- Juan Mari Arzak born (1942)
10 Funniest 'Saturday Night Live' Skits All About Food
Recipe of the day
- We Now Know Why Paul Rudd Works at Baskin-Robbins in ‘Ant-Man’
- This Movie Rental Place/Pizza Store Hybrid Is Giving Us ‘90s Flashbacks
- Illinois Couple Named ‘Burger’ and ‘King’ Get Hitched at Burger King
- Watch: Anthony Bourdain Makes a Cartoon Cameo on ‘Sanjay and Craig’
- PetSmart Is Offering Free Pet-Friendly Ice Cream on Sunday, July 19
Everybody knows that Saturday Night Live has been the paragon of sketch comedy for nearly 40 years. Looking back on more than three decades of comedic genius, it’s clear that the talent was key to the show's success. But without brilliant writing, true comics like Chevy Chase and Kristen Wiig wouldn’t have much to deliver. To craft the show's iconic skits, SNL’s proven teams of writers had to draw inspiration from everything and everywhere possible.
And as it turns out, food has proved to be a nearly endless source of comedy gold for SNL. The show’s writers, some of whom have doubled as performers, have squeezed juice from the proverbial orange since SNL’s debut. It has yet to run dry.
From John Belushi’s trademark belligerence in "Samurai Delicatessen" to Alec Baldwin’s innuendo-laden (albeit heavy-handed) "Schweddy Balls," food has found its way into some of the most memorable SNL moments to date. We’ve gone back and watched countless food-filled SNL skits, and boiled them down to our 10 most beloved of all time. So, look back and have a good laugh — but not with your mouth full.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts