10 Foods for Healthy Hair
Recipe of the day
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
- As ‘Mad Men’ Ends, Coca-Cola’s Iconic ‘I’d Like to Buy the World a Coke’ Is Don Draper’s Legacy
Brush. Tease. Iron. Flatten. Blow-dry. No matter what you try, your hair just won’t cooperate. It is either too dull or too brittle or just plain unruly. You’ve switched shampoos, done deep conditioning, and even paid a professional to revitalize your locks, but absolutely nothing works! The answer to your hair issues may not be in the products you pick up at the salon, but in the diet you maintain.
When it comes to maintaining a healthy head of hair, your body needs essential vitamins and nutrients to ensure that your scalp and hair follicles are receiving everything they need. The most essential vitamins include vitamins A and C, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and zinc. But instead of purchasing individual vitamins, there are plenty of delicious foods you can eat in your day-to-day routine to help you achieve healthier hair.
A handful of walnuts will not only satiate your hunger, but it will also give your hair the support it needs to grow long and luxurious. Want your hair to be super shiny? You’ll be sweet on sweet potatoes in no time! There are an abundance of delicious foods you can eat to have your hair grow to its full potential — and even a few you can put in your hair for the same effect! To see how to eat your way to healthier hair, just peruse our slideshow for helpful tips.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts