10 Fall-Inspired Cocktails
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
No one would begrudge you mourning the end of the season of summer cocktails. Ready as you may have been to trade summer's hot, thick air for fall's cool breezes, the refreshing sangrias and boozy Dark 'n' Stormys that were a fixture of the season are not always so easy to part with.
But don't waste too much time boohooing, because this time of year offers plenty in the way of cocktail inspiration — a quick trip to the farmers market should reassure you of that. There you can find apples (fresh cider, too) and pears, of course, with which you might make a Hot Apple Jammy or a Peruvian Pear Cobbler. Or perhaps you're more partial to tart cranberries, muddled with Jamaican rum, apricot liqueur, and ginger syrup to create a Boston Bog.
And beyond the season's favorite fruits, there are other iconic fall flavors equally at home in a cocktail shaker. Cinnamon, for example, used with walnuts as a base for homemade bitters, or maple syrup, which adds the perfect touch of sweetness to a warming toddy made with applejack and sweet vermouth. Want something really unique? Go savory with chanterelle-infused vodka.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts