10 Essentials for a Spring Picnic
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
People host picnics far and wide for several reasons — they're a great way to celebrate good weather, they allow you to enjoy nature’s subtle elegance, but mostly they're just good old-fashioned fun.
Picnics can often be spontaneous activities, and sometimes people don’t put much thought into the details that go into putting one together. This usually means someone in the group is left hungry, or there are no batteries in the portable speakers, or worse, the sheet you brought is way too thin and the moist grass is putting a damper on the seating situation.
Considering it's spring and there’s no better time for a picnic, we came up with the ultimate list of picnic essentials so that you're always ready to dine outdoors.[slideshow:
We found the perfect picnic blanket and rounded up the best dishes, which are both easy to make and delicious. We also added a few out-of-the-box items to jazz up the standard outdoor activities.
So this weekend, take a break from life, gather some friends, pick up everything on this list, and treat yourself to some classic outdoor fun.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts