10 Easy and Delicious Crock-Pot Dinners
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Slow-cookers, also known as crock-pots, make dinner simple and easy. With some quick prep work in the morning, this handy cooking appliance simmers ingredients throughout the day, leaving you with a warm, home cooked meal when you get home.
From soups and stews to tender pieces of meat, crock-pots deliver hearty and flavorful meals without much work or fuss. This week, we put the Culinary Content Network and our staff to the test to come up with easy and delicious crock-pot recipes. Here are some of the highlights:
- Lori Yates of Foxes Love Lemons shared with us her recipe for Asian short rib tacos filled with pineapple and crunchy slaw. Lori is a member of the Culinary Content Network.
- Karen of Baking in A Tornado submitted her recipe for warm chicken soup, perfect to fight off a cold this season. Karen is a member of the Culinary Content Network.
- The winner this week is Marjory Pilley of The Dinner Mom. Marjory’s recipe for baked ziti is simple, hearty, and perfect for any weeknight meal. Marjory is a member of The Culinary Content Network.
All of the recipes featured can be made at home for about $30 or less, excluding the cost of small amounts of basic ingredients such as butter, oil, flour, sugar, salt, pepper, and other dried herbs and spices.
Emily Jacobs is the Recipe editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @EmilyRecipes.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts