10 Drinks That Help You Sleep
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- 8 Drinks That Help Fight Diabetes
- New Product Offers ‘Wine Without the Hangover’… Because There’s No Alcohol in It
- Soda Company Celebrates ‘Deflategate’ with Flat Sodas
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Teams Up with Keurig for Forthcoming At-Home Cold Beverage System
- Scientists Treat Alcoholics with a Fake Bar and Colored Water
Getting enough sleep is no easy feat nowadays.
Whatever we may consume ourselves with during the day — work, school, or even play — can severely interfere with our sleep. We wake up early to get the day rolling and maybe squeeze in a trip to the gym before work or do some last-minute studying before a 9:00 a.m. exam or meeting. Then, we push through the day and often stay up late, whether out on the town with friends or at home finishing up the work of the day. These habits affect our ability to get in the recommend seven to nine hours of sleep needed each night and can take a toll on our physical and mental health.
It is often difficult to wind down and relax before hitting the sack because of the 101 things we all seem to consume ourselves with. To ensure a good night’s sleep, it is important to slow down, stop your mind from racing, and take it easy before bedtime. Still, every now and then we need a little help from an outside player.
Mothers often send their children to bed with a cup of warm milk to help them doze off — this is just one of many drinks that may help induce sleep after a long day. There are also numerous herbs and herbal supplements used to make teas that are said to help promote sleep. And although the National Institute of Health notes that few adverse effects have been reported, be sure to consult a doctor before adding any herbal supplement to your diet.
Here are our top 10 picks for drinks that may help you snooze a little bit easier.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts