- We're independent! Let's cook out!
10 Countries You Won’t Believe Have Starbucks
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- 9 Things You Need to Know about Kombucha, Kimchi, and Other Probiotic Foods
- Everything You’re Doing to Ruin Your Metabolism, and What You Should Be Doing Instead
- Graphic Footage of Inhumane Slaughter Practices at Foster Farms Leads to Suspension of 5 Employees
- United States to Begin Importing Eggs From the Netherlands to Deal with Bird Flu-Related Shortage
- Chimpanzees Possess the Ability to Cook, and Can Appreciate a Good Sweet Potato
Starbucks is a coffee institution. The festive red cups let us know that the holidays are coming and the ever-changing flavors keep us ready for the next season. The green, twin-tailed mermaid is an iconic logo that is instantly recognizable around the globe. In fact, you wouldn’t believe that the popular coffee chain is brewing in some of these countries.
In large cities across the United States, Starbucks seems to be on every street corner and on every block. While the American global coffee company is based in Seattle, Washington, it is the largest coffeehouse company in the world. Starbucks has over 20,000 stores in 62 counties around the world, and is still growing.
Did you know that you can get your favorite skinny vanilla latte in countries all over Europe like Hungary, Russia, and Spain? Surprisingly not in Italy, though. You can order a caramel macchiato in several Asian countries like the Philippines, Japan, and India.
The ever-growing coffee chain is always expanding and is serving their quality coffee around the globe. Check out this list of 10 surprising countries that you won’t believe are brewing Starbucks coffee. If nothing else, make sure that you can order your favorite morning drink in your next globe-trotting adventure.
Emily Jacobs is the Recipe editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @EmilyRecipes.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts