10 Best College Football Stadium Eats
Recipe of the day
- Bill Boggs Corner Table: A Burger with a View at the Ritz-Carlton in Rancho Mirage, California
- The Poutine Tornado and 5 More Insane Epic Meal Time Creations
- The 5 Most Insanely Unhealthy Frozen Appetizers
- These Early Logos of 5 Popular Fast Food Chains Are Hilariously Awful
- 5 Crazy Things Restaurants Have Done with Chicken Wings
There is no question that a hot dog is a great game day snack, but as college football fans become more food savvy, university athletic departments are giving their stadium menus a gourmet makeover.
Throughout the past five years, schools across the country have been adding locally-sourced and high-end delicacies to their concessions. However, as professional teams continue raise the bar on their stadium food many of them are taking care to appease to even the most casual fans by innovating the traditional dishes familiar to them.
The irony is that even with the new selections — from sushi to maple donuts — the fans have a fondness for the traditional staples. According to a recent survey the National Association of Collegiate Concessionaires found that soda, hot dogs, popcorn, nachos, and pretzels still rule the popularity hierarchy.
However, if you've tired of the classics and are yearning for a new game-day treat, here are ten stadiums where the food is worth checking out.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts