10 '90s Foods We Really Miss
While Rice Krispies Treats Cereal hasn't been completely discontinued, it's almost impossible to find.
Recipe of the day
- Parents Required to Sign Permission Slips for Kids to Eat Oreos
- Velveeta Bagel Bites and 9 More Insane Mashups That Could Come Out of the Kraft-Heinz Merger
- Heinz and Kraft Merge to Form World’s Fifth-Largest Food Company
- No More Ketchup Bottle Abuse: This No-Stick Bottle Invention Is Genius
- Olive Tree Disease Strikes Italy
Everyone has foods that they loved when they were a kid that are no longer around. We’re sure that there are plenty of baby boomers who look back with fondness on various canned and processed foods that at the time were considered new and exciting, and the 1970s seemed to be a golden age of super-sugary breakfast cereals that came and went. But no snack foods seem to have woven their way into the collective nostalgic subconscious like the dearly departed junk food of the 1990s.
So we decided to dig into the vault of vanished food products and pull out a few that really struck a chord with us.
It seems like the '90s were full of products that came and went. Some, like the famously cross-promoted Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle foods and drinks, like the classic Ecto-Cooler, will most likely never return because the Ninja Turtles don’t exactly have the same cultural cachet that they used to. Others, like Heinz’s multicolored "EZ-Squirt" ketchup, simply didn’t sell and were a little weird to begin with. But these foods all have one thing in common: we really miss them.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts