Zucchini Salsa Verde Recipe
Daily Value: 2%
Low-Fat-Abs, Sugar-Conscious, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free, Egg-Free, Milk-Free, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||13µg||3%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||1g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||1g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tomatillos, husks removed and quartered
- 3 jalapeños, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated lime zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
Prepare a grill.
In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Toss the mixture together to thoroughly coat the vegetables with oil. Transfer to a grill wok or basket. Grill the vegetables, covered, over medium heat for 18-22 minutes or until slightly charred and tender, stirring occasionally.
Cool slightly, so the vegetables are cooled enough to be handled. Chop the vegetables into pea-sized pieces, and transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the lime juice, hot sauce, lime zest, salt, and honey, if desired.