Morimoto Will Be Judging Miss Universe Pageant (with Scott Disick and Cee Lo Green!)
Recipe of the day
- EJ Hodgkinson of King + Duke Brings Best of Atlanta to the James Beard House
- Taffer’s Take: Jon Taffer on How to Keep Your Bar Hot and Contemporary
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
Well, this makes perfect sense; right after opening up Tribeca Canvas and shilling soy sauce for Kikkoman, it looks like Iron Chef original Masaharu Morimoto will be a judge for Miss Universe.
Even better? The Japanese chef will be joining Nigel Barker (of Top Model and The Face), Cee Lo Green (of amazing sparkly wardrobes and The Voice), Scott Disick (of Kardashian fame and failed restaurants), Brad Goreski (It's a Brad, Brad World), Olympian Kerri Walsh Jennings, and Real Housewife Lisa Vanderpump on the judges pannel. They're all going to be judging the same women for Miss Universe, which is kind of amazing. Can one contestant break down a 100-pound tuna during her interview? That would be impressive. We would vote for her.
"I'm excited for #missuniverse2012. Finally I'm judging!" Morimoto tweeted this morning. He'll also be rubbing elbows with Train, Timomatic, Jeannie Mai (commenter), Andy Cohen, and Giuliana Rancic. DVR it; Dec. 19 at 8 p.m. ET on NBC. We'll have a tuna-filled watching party.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts