Morimoto Will Be Judging Miss Universe Pageant (with Scott Disick and Cee Lo Green!)
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
- Norman Van Aken's Kitchen Conversations: Sanford "Sandy" D'Amato
- Anthony Bourdain’s International Street Food Hall in New York City Expected to Open Later This Year
Well, this makes perfect sense; right after opening up Tribeca Canvas and shilling soy sauce for Kikkoman, it looks like Iron Chef original Masaharu Morimoto will be a judge for Miss Universe.
Even better? The Japanese chef will be joining Nigel Barker (of Top Model and The Face), Cee Lo Green (of amazing sparkly wardrobes and The Voice), Scott Disick (of Kardashian fame and failed restaurants), Brad Goreski (It's a Brad, Brad World), Olympian Kerri Walsh Jennings, and Real Housewife Lisa Vanderpump on the judges pannel. They're all going to be judging the same women for Miss Universe, which is kind of amazing. Can one contestant break down a 100-pound tuna during her interview? That would be impressive. We would vote for her.
"I'm excited for #missuniverse2012. Finally I'm judging!" Morimoto tweeted this morning. He'll also be rubbing elbows with Train, Timomatic, Jeannie Mai (commenter), Andy Cohen, and Giuliana Rancic. DVR it; Dec. 19 at 8 p.m. ET on NBC. We'll have a tuna-filled watching party.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts