- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
Yardbird Southern Table & Bar's Deviled Eggs with Chives, Dill, and Caviar
- 24 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, cut in half, and yolks mashed in a bowl
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 4 roasted cloves garlic, smashed into a paste
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon finely chopped dill, plus 1 bunch
- 1 Teaspoon finely chopped chives
- 2 Tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1 Ounce caviar
- Paprika, for garnish
Looking for an elegant version of deviled eggs to serve at your next champagne-filled party? This recipe, created by chef Jeff McInnis at Yardbird in Miami, serves them with caviar, and other stylish ingredients like champagne vinegar and chopped capers.
Add the mayonnaise, roasted garlic, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Gently fold in the chopped chives and dill. Spoon the mixture into the empty egg whites or, alternatively, spoon it into a pastry bag and pipe the filling into the whites for a more polished look. Top each egg half with a small piece of dill, a small dollop of caviar, and a light sprinkle of paprika.