Would-Be Jewelry Thieves Accidentally Rob KFC Instead
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Where to Eat America's Best Macaroni and Cheese
- Bobby Flay Has Found the Best Focaccia in the World
- Days Before Ending Service, Cinnamon Snail Food Truck In Such High Demand that Line Limits are Imposed
- Here are the James Beard Foundation’s Five Picks for the 2015 America’s Classic Award
- A Sriracha Quesarito is Headed to Taco Bell
A pair of would-be jewelry thieves in Australia decided to make the best of a bungled situation last week when they found themselves in a local KFC instead of the jewelry shop they were targeting and decided to rob the restaurant instead.
According to ABC News, Dwayne Doolin and Peter Walsh had planned to ring in the new year with a daring heist where they'd crash through the wall of a restroom into the jewelry store next door and have their pick of precious gems and gold. But they accidentally smashed a hole in the wrong wall and found themselves in a KFC restaurant, which was open and full of some very surprised employees.
The two decided to just run with it and rob the restaurant. According to Queensland police, "The men threatened staff with a metal bar and made demands for cash. Two female employees complied and handed over a sum of cash to the men.”
They left the restaurant on foot with $2,600, and nobody was hurt in the incident.
Both suspects were caught, though. One is out on bail and the other remains in custody. Police say the men are scheduled to appear in court on March 5.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts