- Labor Day
Worst Customer Ever: No Tip, Rude Message (Updated)
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- 11 Things You Didn’t Know About Whole Foods
- McDonald’s Continues to Underwhelm Once-Loyal Customers (But Still Has the Best Fries)
- Willy Wonka, Is That You? Scientists Invent Melt-Resistant Ice Cream
- Following Child Labor Criticisms, Kit Kat Plans for 100 Percent Sustainably-Sourced Cocoa by 2016
- Fold Your Pizza In Half? That Means You’re Driven: Study Says Pizza-Eating Style Reveals Personality
Over the weekend, a Seattle waitress started a Facebook war against a certain Andrew Meyer, who reportedly left a zero percent tip and a rude message: "P.S. You could stand to loose [sic] a few pounds."
To add to the damage, the customer also took the tip jar and dumped the change in his pocket. All $1.25.
The waitress, Victoria Liss, posted the receipt on Facebook, and since the rude patron used his credit card to pay, her friends have scrounged up Meyer's full name and place of employment. This wasn't without hurting a few innocent Andrew Meyers, but Liss recommends that next time someone decides to be a prick, "DON'T GIVE THE BARTENDER YOUR CREDIT CARD. We live in a social networking hub."
Update: Poor Andrew. Liss ended up putting up the information for the wrong guy, and apologized on Facebook: "I could not be more sorry for posting the wrong person's info and photo, it got a little out of hand, Let's all get Tacos and Happy Hour drinks, and tip 20%!!"
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts