- Ice Cream Sandwich Day
Worst Customer Ever: No Tip, Rude Message (Updated)
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Valley Isle Excursions Provides a Luxurious, Leisurely Journey to Hana on Maui
- Is This the Craziest Thing Someone Has Done for Free Food?
- This Drunk Guy Accidentally Bought More Than $500 Worth of Pizza for Strangers
- What’s It Like to Fly on Qatar Airways Business Class? Hint: It’s the Lap of Luxury
- Costco Will Cut Back on Chilean Salmon, Source Most From Norway
Over the weekend, a Seattle waitress started a Facebook war against a certain Andrew Meyer, who reportedly left a zero percent tip and a rude message: "P.S. You could stand to loose [sic] a few pounds."
To add to the damage, the customer also took the tip jar and dumped the change in his pocket. All $1.25.
The waitress, Victoria Liss, posted the receipt on Facebook, and since the rude patron used his credit card to pay, her friends have scrounged up Meyer's full name and place of employment. This wasn't without hurting a few innocent Andrew Meyers, but Liss recommends that next time someone decides to be a prick, "DON'T GIVE THE BARTENDER YOUR CREDIT CARD. We live in a social networking hub."
Update: Poor Andrew. Liss ended up putting up the information for the wrong guy, and apologized on Facebook: "I could not be more sorry for posting the wrong person's info and photo, it got a little out of hand, Let's all get Tacos and Happy Hour drinks, and tip 20%!!"
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts