World Beer Production Hits New High
Recipe of the day
- This Baseball Stadium Has Debuted a Beer Creamsicle Shake
- This Start-Up Allows Brewers and Beer-Lovers to Buy and Sell Beer Kits
- Craft Brewery Dr. Jekyll’s Adds Flaxseed Oil, Gingko Leaves, and Other Superfoods to Beer
- DC Brau and Oskar Blues Launch ‘Smells Like Freedom’ IPA with ‘Aromas of Cannabis’
- A Man Shot His Friend for Giving Him the Wrong Brand of Beer
It's not just the number of craft breweries in the US that have increased — turns out, the whole world is drinking beer. New stats show that the world's beer production has increased by 3 percent from last year.
Reports the Associated Press, world beer production increased by more than 50 billion barrels. And to no surprise, China took the title of the world's largest beer producer with more than 25 percent of the world's beer; it's held that title for 10 years running.
The numbers, from a research institute in Japan, show that beer production has steadily increased for 27 years now. And much of that has to do with the large demand for beer in Asia. Now we know where to order a round or two.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts