Word of Mouth: Jacquline Slaughter's Best of New Orleans
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Brunch: Commander's Palace (easily!)
Fancy: Restaurant August
Best Value: Casamento’s
Bar Scene/Drink: The Bulldog (for beer); The Old Absinthe House (for the atmosphere); Tujagues (for an all-around spectacular bar experience)
Business Lunch: Herbsaint
Burger: Port of Call
Pizza: I’m sure it exists, but I never found particularly good pizza there.
Sandwich: A Central Grocery Muffuletta and a shrimp poboy from Domilise’s
Food Truck: This is not a city with many food carts.
Regional: Commander's Palace (easily!)
Hidden Gem: The Old Coffee Pot
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts