Stale Cinnamon Roll Leads to Burger King Gun Threat
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Where to Eat America's Best Macaroni and Cheese
- Bobby Flay Has Found the Best Focaccia in the World
- Days Before Ending Service, Cinnamon Snail Food Truck In Such High Demand that Line Limits are Imposed
- Here are the James Beard Foundation’s Five Picks for the 2015 America’s Classic Award
- A Sriracha Quesarito is Headed to Taco Bell
A warm, gooey cinnamon bun is one of life’s little pleasures, but it apparently meant a lot to one woman, who threatened an entire restaurant with a gun because hers was not fresh enough.
According to Consumerist, three women went into a Burger King restaurant in South Carolina and ordered some food, including a Cinnabon cinnamon bun. Not long after, one of the women got into a loud altercation with employees over the freshness of her cinnamon bun. She said it was stale; the employees disagreed.
The women left, and everyone thought they had simply decided a Cinnabon was not worth shouting over. Those people were wrong. One woman came running back a few minutes later with a purse and said she’d gotten her gun and was going to shoot everyone.
“I’m going to shoot down the place!” witnesses say the woman shouted.
At that point the store employees called the police, and all the women ran away.
“It was all kind of dumb because it was over a cinnamon bun,” one witness said. “It’s like, it’s Burger King, it’s a fast food place, it’s a cinnamon bun.”
Even the unit’s owner expressed surprise that anyone would threaten gun violence over a cinnamon bun.
“I know it’s a good product, but I’m not sure it’s that good,” he said.
Police say they are still looking for the suspects, and will likely press charges if they manage to find them.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts