Wine Pick of the Week: 2011 Anselmo Mendes Alvarinho Contacto
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
This January, we asked our team of experts — sommeliers, wine writers, and winemakers — to recommend the best wines to be drinking in 2013. Here's what our panelists recommended for the week of February — and it's a perfect fit for the start of the month.
2011 Anselmo Mendes Alvarinho Contacto; Vinho Verde, Portugal; $20
"Drink this during the first week in February. This skin-contact alvarinho from Vinho Verde is proof that the region makes wine for any time of year. In the dead of winter this wine will be sure to warm you up and is still refreshingly clean. Hints of apricot, almond, and white flowers with a rich and creamy finish."
— Laura Maniec, master sommelier and owner of Corkbuzz Wine Studio in New York City
You can check out the full list for the year, and start planning your wine list ahead of time. Up next week: a "dark and brooding" wine from Corbières, France.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts