- First electric stove patented (1896)
Win a Trip to the National Baseball Hall of Fame
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 2015: An Overview
- Off the Beaten Path: Dispatch From the 2015 Atlanta Food & Wine Festival
- Georgia Pellegrini Talks Girl Power, Foraging, and Culinary Travel with The Daily Meal
- A Taste of New Orleans in the Northeast
- Forget Funnel Cake: This Music Festival Places Seasonal, Sustainable Food Center Stage
Now that Mother's Day has passed, it's time to plan something special for the other half of the parenting team. Instead of the usual tie or bottle of wine, submit a story about why you have the "greatest Dad in America" and you could win a trip from Great American Cookies for you and your dad to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, N.Y.
Stories can be 200 words or less and can be submitted by anyone now through May 28 to the Great American Cookies web site. Other prizes from the Atlanta-based cookie company, famous for its chocolate chip cookies, include a $250 gift card and a $500 gift card to Great American Cookies, which would buy quite a few customized Father’s Day and graduation frosted cookie cakes and several dozen peanut butter supreme, chewy pecan supreme, double fudge, and oatmeal walnut supreme cookies.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts