Whole-Leaf Radish and Herb Salad Recipe
Daily Value: 7%
|Folic Acid (B9)||111µg||28%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||8g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||1g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
This bright and rejuvenating summer salad takes advantage of the season’s fresh herbs.
- 3 cups loosely packed small, tender radish leaves (or use larger, tender leaves torn into pieces)
- 2 cups quartered radishes
- 2 cups loosely packed small fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ¾ cup loosely packed small sprigs dill
- ¾ cup loosely packed sprigs chervil
- ¾ cup loosely packed fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoons other red-wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
In a large serving bowl, combine the radish leaves, radishes, parsley, dill, chervil, and tarragon. Cover and chill for about 30 minutes to crisp the leaves.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and salt, then whisk in the oil to make a dressing. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat evenly. Season with salt to taste.
Total Time: about 20 minutes, plus 30 minutes to chill
Per Serving: 99 cal., 67% (66 cal.) from fat; 3 g protein; 7.7 g fat (1.1 g sat.); 6 g carbo (1.8 g fiber); 234 mg sodium; 0 mg chol.
Adapted from "The One-Block Feast" by Margo True and the staff of Sunset Magazine.Servings: 4