Who needs bowls? Use bacon cups for your next party!
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
There are countless way to incorporate delicious bacon into your food — crumbled as a salad-topper, wrapped as an asparagus hugger, etc. Yet we prefer to think outside the box… or in this case, the bowl. For your party this summer, consider replacing individual salad bowls with slices of bacon — your guests will be absolutely delighted (after they get over the initial shock) and you will be left with less dishes to wash. Two birds with one stone! Or in this case… two pigs with one stone (OK, the cheesy food puns end here).
Simply flip over a muffin pan and cover it tightly with aluminum foil to prevent a mess. Then wrap each muffin cup with five to six slices of bacon, creating a weave similar to the top of a pie. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, pat dry of excess oil, and fill with your choice of salad! We suggest filling the bacon bowls with one of our 8 Summer Salads So Good You’ll Forget They’re Healthy. http://www.thedailymeal.com/8-summer-salads-so-good-you-ll-forget-theyre-healthy
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts