- Cream of Wheat invented (1893)
- Cream of Wheat introduced (1893)
White Castle Now Accepting Valentine’s Day Reservations
Recipe of the day
- Chef Cesare Casella Is No Longer Associated with Salumeria Rosi
- The Best Chicken and Waffles in America
- Chuck E. Cheese Is Trying to Win Back Customers By Adding Booze to Their Menu
- New York City’s Tavern on the Green Sued for Refusing to Let War Vet Dine with Her Dog
- We Know the Secret to Getting Free Guacamole at Chipotle
White Castle is just about the last place you’d expect to find couples celebrating the most romantic holiday of the year, but it’s in fact quite a popular destination on Valentine’s Day. For the past several years the chain has pulled out all the stops, dolling up their restaurants with full-blown decorations, and due to its popularity, interested diners now need to make a reservation to secure a table. Well, those reservation lines are officially open.
Thirty-one White Castles across the country are participating, and are predominantly located in Louisville, Ky. and Nashville, Tenn. There’s no special menu or anything along those lines (create your own six-course tasting of mini burgers and chicken sandwiches?), but it’s certainly a wacky way to spend the holiday.
You can check out their Facebook page for a full list of participating restaurants; the majority will be seating guests from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., but some extend the availability out to 9:30 p.m. It’s highly recommended that you call in advance to make a reservation, or else you might just find yourself needing to get your meal to go.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts