What We’re Loving: Pommery Brut Royal
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
We’ll admit it—we’re counting down the minutes until 2013. There’s something about the glitter, the romance, and the chance of starting on a clean slate—and not to mention, the endless champagne.
Champagne is pretty much the key to a successful and traditional New Year’s Eve. But before you countdown the seconds to midnight and pop the streamers, you need to choose the right bubbly for your bash.
Pommery has it covered.
The French brand’s Brut Royal is light, fresh, and crisp, it’s ideal when served ice cold and with great company. As for notes, "Lightly toasty, with a lively bead and flavors of poached pear, dried apricot, brioche and honey. Displays chalkiness without being too angular, and culminates in a lasting, apple-tinged finish,” was how Wine Spectator put it and we have to agree.
Not only does it taste great, but it’s affordable with the average price ranging from thirty five to forty dollars. Bring it as a hostess gift if you’re playing guest this year. If you’re playing host, it will be a cinch to stock the bar with a few bottles of Pommery—and guests will be super pleased.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts