What We’re Loving: Abboccato Packed Picnic Baskets
Recipe of the day
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
- As ‘Mad Men’ Ends, Coca-Cola’s Iconic ‘I’d Like to Buy the World a Coke’ Is Don Draper’s Legacy
With the weather bouncing from warm to cold, it is evident that our days of beach lounging and pool sunbathing are coming to an end. If you’re looking to grasp onto one last summer fling, we’ve got the perfect thing for you.
New York City restaurant Abboccato Ristorante partnered with Citi Bike to design a snack basket for bike riders going on one last romantic summer picnic. Citi Bike members can purchase a $28 Snack Basket for two, including house-marinated olives, Parmigiano-Reggiano, salami Genovese, breadsticks, a chef’s selection of bruschetta of the day, Napoleon tricolor cookies, and choice of orange or lemon Italian soda.
Conveniently wrapped up in a picnic box for easy transport on the bike rack, this great little treat is a nice addition to an end-of-summer excursion. Orders can be placed by phone or in person at the restaurant.
If you don’t live in New York City but love the idea of a final summer picnic, check out these great picnic tips.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts