What We’re Loving: Abboccato Packed Picnic Baskets
Recipe of the day
- Pippa Middleton Under Fire for Eating Whale Meat, Which Is Illegal in the UK
- 20 Most Influential Moms in Food
- The James Beard Awards Aren’t Coming Back to New York Any Time Soon
- This Google Executive Takes 100 Pills Daily to Achieve Immortality
- This Surprise Pizza Party on the Subway Made Everyone’s Commute a Lot More Fun
With the weather bouncing from warm to cold, it is evident that our days of beach lounging and pool sunbathing are coming to an end. If you’re looking to grasp onto one last summer fling, we’ve got the perfect thing for you.
New York City restaurant Abboccato Ristorante partnered with Citi Bike to design a snack basket for bike riders going on one last romantic summer picnic. Citi Bike members can purchase a $28 Snack Basket for two, including house-marinated olives, Parmigiano-Reggiano, salami Genovese, breadsticks, a chef’s selection of bruschetta of the day, Napoleon tricolor cookies, and choice of orange or lemon Italian soda.
Conveniently wrapped up in a picnic box for easy transport on the bike rack, this great little treat is a nice addition to an end-of-summer excursion. Orders can be placed by phone or in person at the restaurant.
If you don’t live in New York City but love the idea of a final summer picnic, check out these great picnic tips.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts