This Is What a Bacon-Covered Car Looks Like
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Attention: The Girl Scouts Have Come Out With a Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich
- Cotton Candy Oreos Are the Newest Product from the Oreo Rumor Mill
- High-Tech Utensils Prevent You From Overeating
- EXCLUSIVE: Tic Tac Launches First New Mint Flavor in Years: Intense Spearmint Mix
- Missing Your Banned British Chocolate? Now You Can Order it Online
Yes, we admit, we have been known to bacon-wrap quite a few things in our editorial past, but a car? Hardly sounds delicious.
Nevertheless, Ford has dropped the "First Bacon-Wrapped Car" today, and thankfully, it's fake bacon painted onto a very real car. According to a press release, the car in question is the 2014 Ford Fiesta, launched to celebrate International Bacon Day on Aug. 31.
These bacon wraps can now be purchased by any bacon lover, with 10 giant strips of bacon wrapped around the Fiesta
"You can only imagine that a hillbilly from Tennessee is pretty happy to hear about a Ford wrapped in bacon," said Benton. "I expect there will be some real excitement among the young city crowd," Allan Benton, CEO of Benton's Country Hams. He also says that "This car just makes so much sense." But does it really, if you can't actually eat the bacon?
Other bacon options for the car lover: bacon racing strips, and sides of bacon over the rear wheel.
This isn't the first time a car has teamed up with food; most recently Kia Cadenza teamed up with OpenTable to let dinner guests at Michelin-starred restaurants test-drive their latest model. That was definitely a more classy partnership, but it seems like cars and food are starting a relationship.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts