Check out our editors' picks for this week's top food section recipes.
• Nancy Silverton's focaccia recipe makes the LA Times' list of top 10 recipes of 2011.
• Eat healthy with this turnip gratin recipe, made with low-fat milk.
• Indulge in some afterwork cocktails without packing on calories with this stripped-down mint cocktail recipe.
• Butter and scotch pair well with apples, and make this baked apples recipe perfect for winter.
• Spicy beef tenderloin is a perfect weekday pick-me-up.
• Use seasonal tangerines for this tangerine cake recipe.
Portland Press Herald
• Yes, it's winter, but nutella ice cream is still delicious.
• Eating healthy this year? Start off with a barley pilaf and artichoke hearts.
• Try sweet potato and chickpea shepherd's pie for your meatless Monday.
Wall Street Journal
• Grapefruit's acidity complements pan-fried striped bass fillets in this unique recipe.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.