Weekly Recipe Review: Healthy Mint Cocktails; Nutella Ice Cream; and More
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Check out our editors' picks for this week's top food section recipes.
• Nancy Silverton's focaccia recipe makes the LA Times' list of top 10 recipes of 2011.
• Eat healthy with this turnip gratin recipe, made with low-fat milk.
• Indulge in some afterwork cocktails without packing on calories with this stripped-down mint cocktail recipe.
• Butter and scotch pair well with apples, and make this baked apples recipe perfect for winter.
• Spicy beef tenderloin is a perfect weekday pick-me-up.
• Use seasonal tangerines for this tangerine cake recipe.
Portland Press Herald
• Yes, it's winter, but nutella ice cream is still delicious.
• Eating healthy this year? Start off with a barley pilaf and artichoke hearts.
• Try sweet potato and chickpea shepherd's pie for your meatless Monday.
Wall Street Journal
• Grapefruit's acidity complements pan-fried striped bass fillets in this unique recipe.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts