Check out our editors' picks for this week's top food section recipes.
• Bintje potatoes are great as both fries and mashed potatoes, and even better as pan-fried mashed potatoes.
• Thin and rich molasses cookies from Milk in Los Angeles, served with some sugar glaze and a glass of milk.
• Learn how to roast a whole chicken with Melissa Clark.
• Harissa hot sauce adds depth to grilled meat, and it helps cure colds, too.
• This red wine-braised short ribs recipe only uses five ingredients (plus pantry staples like olive oil).
• Make a classic: James Beard's signature Louis dressing.
• Ina Garten's chicken potpie are perfect for winter. Tip: Freeze individual pies for an impromptu comforting meal.
Portland Press Herald
• With the proliferation of winter citrus this season, here are some great tart recipes. Our favorite: ruby red grapefruit curd tarlets.
• Vegetarian meatballs using lentils and mushrooms would be perfect for meatless Mondays.
• A healthy and filling tomato, fennel, and seafood soup for rainy days.
Wall Street Journal
• Ron Paul's favorite chocolate chip cookies is revealed, courtesy of his campaign cookbook.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.