- Fried Chicken Day
Weekly Media Mix: Dog Meat Mix-Ups; Conan Takes Over a Pizza Joint; and More Meat Dresses
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
The Daily Byte's Weekly Media Mix rounds up the week's big food stories.
• Maya Angelou speaks about her latest cookbook. "I know some people might think it odd — unworthy even — for me to have written a cookbook, but I make no apologies," she says. [Guardian]
• Taking a cue from Gaga’s meat dress, a Berlin museum exhibit features 50 photographs of food clothes from a Michelin-starred chef. [Japan Today]
• A chocolate-themed race is taking place tomorrow in Chicago, complete with a chocolate fondue post-race party. Similar races will take place in D.C., Dallas, San Francisco, San Diego, and Denver. [Hot Chocolate 15K/5K]
Beef of the Week
• A Chinatown meat market in New York was raided after a reporter thought it sold dog meat to eat. Instead, there was just a confusion between the words “dog” and “duck.” [NY Post]
• Solo diners are leaving behind their books and instead entertaining themselves with smartphones and iPads. [Washington Post]
• Make a nifty necklace by shrinking all your potato chip bags. Because, why not? [Guardian]
• In addition to delivering Chinese food while in New York City, comedian Conan O’Brien also takes over a pizzeria. He complains about Los Angeles pizza, sings “That’s Amore,” and offers pizza on the house without permission.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts