The Daily Byte's Weekly Media Mix rounds up the week's big food stories.
• Former President Bill Clinton opens up about becoming a vegan and transforming his diet. [CNN]
• Expect a cookbook inspired by the television show True Blood to hit shelves in early 2012. [Huffpo]
• Starbucks unveils a Facebook-based challenge that asks fans to compete to have the seasonal Pumpkin Spice Latte available in their city one week early. [Mashable]
• Tavern on the Green may become a global brand of salad dressings. [Reuters]
• Utah passed a law banning mini-kegs of beer. [HuffPo]
Miracle of the Week
• Internet PR veteran Peter Shankman sent a joke tweet at Morton's requesting that restaurant send a steak dinner to be waiting at the terminal of his incoming flight to Newark — the restaurant obliged, free of charge. [HuffPo]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.