Watch a Vodka Bottle Catch Fire Inside Store

Holy crap: sunlight on some vodka bottles started a massive fire inside a liquor store


Nope, we don't recommend using vodka to start any fires. And from the lessons of one Minnesota liquor store: don't leave vodka in the sunlight for too long. 

The vodka bottles acted as a sort of magnifying glass in the Red Lion Liquors store in Burnsville, Minn. They slowly started the fire with the cardboard display, as the ceiling fan fanned the flames. As the smoke started to swirl, the bottles became so hot that the lids popped off, spewing hot vodka all over the store. Yikes. Looks like liquor stores might need to start thinking about fire regulations in the future. 

Watch the newscast of the story to see the flames for yourself — that will make you rethink where you store your booze in the future. 

KMSP-TV


Be a Part of the Conversation

Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).

Comments 0


Like this story? Get updates by email, facebook and twitter
Get daily food and wine coverage


Latest from The Daily Meal

The Daily Meal Video Network
A Lesson in Limoncello

Post a comment

Add a Comment

Upload a picture of yourself no larger than 3MB, please see Terms for details
CAPTCHA
Please answer this Captcha to prove you are human
Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.
CAPTCHA
Please answer this Captcha to prove you are human