- Earl S. (Tupperware) Tupper born (1907)
Watch a Vodka Bottle Catch Fire Inside Store
Recipe of the day
- The 1 Drinking Game That Isn’t Weird for Legitimate Adults to Play
- Drink Margaritas Outside and Get ‘Lime Disease’
- These Tequila Cocktails Will Have You Saying "Move Over, Margarita!"
- The One Thing You Didn’t Realize You Wanted at Chipotle
- Best Bars (and Cocktails) to Celebrate National Tequila Day!
Nope, we don't recommend using vodka to start any fires. And from the lessons of one Minnesota liquor store: don't leave vodka in the sunlight for too long.
The vodka bottles acted as a sort of magnifying glass in the Red Lion Liquors store in Burnsville, Minn. They slowly started the fire with the cardboard display, as the ceiling fan fanned the flames. As the smoke started to swirl, the bottles became so hot that the lids popped off, spewing hot vodka all over the store. Yikes. Looks like liquor stores might need to start thinking about fire regulations in the future.
Watch the newscast of the story to see the flames for yourself — that will make you rethink where you store your booze in the future.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts