- Peach Month begins
- Sandwich Month begins
Watch the Trailer for 'Sex and the City' Meets Food Show 'Audrey'
Recipe of the day
- We Now Know Why Paul Rudd Works at Baskin-Robbins in ‘Ant-Man’
- This Movie Rental Place/Pizza Store Hybrid Is Giving Us ‘90s Flashbacks
- Illinois Couple Named ‘Burger’ and ‘King’ Get Hitched at Burger King
- Watch: Anthony Bourdain Makes a Cartoon Cameo on ‘Sanjay and Craig’
- PetSmart Is Offering Free Pet-Friendly Ice Cream on Sunday, July 19
With Treme and people like Ottavia Bourdain producing shows about restaurants, it only makes sense that another show will take Sex and the City and add a food element. Enter Audrey, a web series on YouTube channel Wigs, featuring lead character Audrey (Kim Shaw), a food blogger slash stylist trying to make it big in the food world.
In the trailer below, there are plenty of shots of Shaw eating food, making food, writing about food — and some sexual imagery for grown ups, naturally. Also notable: the same overlay narrations used by Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City. But you don't really understand how food oriented the show is until the first episode where a date commits a major faux pas: simply calling burrata cheese mozzarella. Yes, it's a type of mozzarella. No, it doesn't make it OK.
Watch the trailer below; the series premieres Oct. 29 on the channel Wigs, with new episodes on Mondays and Fridays. Young watchers be warned: Just like Sex and the City, the trailer and series are both adults only.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts