- Ice Cream Sandwich Day
Watch Pizza Hut Honor a 20-Year-Old Discount
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Buffet Restaurant Measures Kids to Determine Meal Price
- Four Seasons’ DUO Pairs Locally Sourced Steaks and Seafood on Maui
- Live the High Life at SixtyFive in Rockefeller Center, Offering ‘Gin & Jazz’ Every Friday in August
- A New High-End Pizzeria Plans to Go National
- An Entirely Plant-Based Vegan Fast-Casual Restaurant Has Opened in New York City
Let's just put it out there: the '90s was a pretty amazing decade. Clueless happened, as did baggy pants, the Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC, and Pizza Hut coupons inside Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles VHS tapes.
Which explains why YouTube video channel "Pause the '90s" decided to take this sealed VHS to a Pizza Hut, just to see if they could redeem the offer. According to the wrapper, there are $20 worth of coupons in there.
Turns out, however, the coupon booklet did have an expiration date: Dec. 31, 1991. The manager, however, was nice enough to honor one coupon in particular: get a free one-topping medium pizza with the purchase of a large. So the group walked away with a large Meatlover's pizza and a medium pizza with pineapples, thanks to a 20-year-old coupon. Watch the shenanigans below, but don't try this at your local Pizza Hut with any less awesome of a coupon booklet.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts