- Alton Brown born (1962)
Watch Katy Perry Throw Her Birthday Cake at Fans
Recipe of the day
- An Interview with Miami Chef Alex Chang: Part 2
- An Interview with Miami Chef Alex Chang: Part 1
- Andrew Zimmern’s Comfort Food Is Gas Station Pizza, and Other Things We Learned About the ‘Bizarre Foods’ Host
- George Foreman Now Has His Own Online Butcher Shop
- Former White House Chef, Nutrition Advisor Sam Kass Appointed NBC News Senior Food Analyst
To celebrate Katy Perry's birthday, the pop star's backup dancers and singers brought a huge cake onstage and sang to her. She blew out the candles and promptly threw her cake into the crowd. Then she did an awesome dance. Watch below.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts