- Nathan Myhrvold born (1959)
Warm and Nutty Cinnamon Breakfast Quinoa
- 2 Cups milk
- 1 Cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 Teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- Natural sweetener, such as stevia, honey, or agave, to taste (optional)
- Toasted almond slices, for serving
- Dried cranberries, for serving
Make this protein- and fiber-packed breakfast dish part of the morning routine and feel like a champion. Feel free to try brown rice or oatmeal in place of quinoa; swap in almond, soy, or coconut milk for milk; substitute fresh fruit for the dried cranberries; or use chopped walnuts or pecans instead of the toasted almonds.
See all quinoa recipes.
Boil the milk in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the cooked quinoa, sea salt, cinnamon, and natural sweetener, if using, and cover. Heat just until all of the ingredients are heated through, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat, scoop into bowls, and top with toasted almond slices and dried cranberries.