- World Coconut Day
- Blueberry Popsicle Day
Want an IPA? There's a Glass for That
Recipe of the day
- Kroger, America’s Largest Grocer, to Launch in-Store Craft Beer Taps at More Locations
- Former San Francisco Archbishop Arrested for Driving Drunk in Hawaii
- 3 Household Items That Will Open Your Beer
- So What's Up with That '99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall' Song?
- Beer Companies Duke It Out in the Battle to Be ‘King’ and ‘Queen’
Let's be real: it's Thursday, and we need another reason to get excited for the weekend. So this news of a new beer glass, made specifically for IPAs, may just be the thing to propel us to Friday happy hour.
Thanks to two of the most beloved IPA brewers in the country, Sierra Nevada and Dogfish Head, the newest glass from the German glassmaker Spiegelau will highlight the extra-hoppy beers. The glass, with thin, round walls, a "slender bowed" shape, and "wave-like ridges" for aeration, is believed to make the IPA experience that much better. "Hop-forward beers are close to our hearts, and we’ve had fun figuring out how to best highlight an IPA’s nuances," said Ken Grossman, Sierra Nevada’s founder, in a release. "We imagine hopheads will enjoy giving the glass a try."
The glass may very well become the standard for drinking IPAs, much like the stout glass has become the standard for Guinness and other stouts. (After all, those stout bubbles are very important.) You can get the new IPA glass from the Dogfish Head brewery or online. Your weekend happy hour just got that much happier.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts