Vote for the Best Bar in Uptown Manhattan
Today on The Daily Meal
- People Actually Built These Amazing Gingerbread Houses
- How To Host The Perfect Gingerbread House Competition
- Amazon Offers Easy Way To Donate While Finding The Best Cyber Monday Deal
- 6 Interesting Facts about Anthony Bourdain
- Major Fast-Food Workers’ Wage Strike Across 150 US Cities Planned for December 4
There is one day left to vote in Harlem Park to Park’s second annual Battle of the Bars. Local drinkers are encouraged to try specialty cocktails from 30 different bars across Harlem, Washington Heights and Inwood.
All of the cocktails were designed using Hennessy VS and Hendrick’s gin. Patrons are asked to vote for their favorites on Instagram @UptownBattle. The top 12 will then compete at a VIP finale event on May 19 for the title of Best Uptown Bartender.
Hendrick’s Gin gave local media a preview last week, and while I’d encourage you to try any of the cocktails on the list, if you are in the Harlem area, you are best advised to go to Silvana and check out mixologist Kali Erwin’s “Salvation.” This elegant blend of Hendrick’s gin, pear juice, sage, and white wine vinegar is savory, refreshing, and perfectly structured.
Tickets to the May 19 finale, which will be held at Harlem Tavern, cost $35 in advance and $40 at the door. They can be purchased at The Uptown Battle of the Bars.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts