VIDEO: Chana Masala From Herbivoracious
A recipe for how to make this classic Indian vegetarian dish
(For more recipes from Herbavoricious go to www.herbivoracious.com)
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
While this classic Indian staple can be found in any Indian restaurant, homemade chana masala (spicy chickpeas) is much more vibrant and fresh. Michael Natkin behind Herbivoracious brings us this simple, 20-minute recipe via video. Watch as he fries up some tomatoes, onion, garlic, and chickpeas, then tempers the batch for a final pop of flavor.
Natkin tosses in mushrooms for textural contrast, and while you can substitute any vegetable you prefer, check out his recipe over on Herbivoracious.com. Serve this dish with basmati rice, top with cilantro for garnish, and you've got dinner in 20 minutes.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts